the-exploited.net Forum Index

++ HOME ++ ++ HISTORY ++ ++ PICTURES ++ ++ STUFF ++ ++ DATES ++ ++ FORUM ++ ++ SHOP ++ ++ BOOKING ++

++ The Exploited Punk Rock Forums ++

Profile   Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

what do people think of american punk bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of american punk bands?
there fuking great
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
there a big load of bolllocks
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 57

dischargefan
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:57 pm
Reply with quote Reply to topic

How can anybody say American punk isn't true? That's pure fucking ignorance right there. There are a lot of good American punk bands, like:

Leftover Crack
Black Flag
Minor Threat
Poison Idea
Batallion of Saints
Aus-Rotten
Caustic Christ
Choking Victim
NOFX (pre-Pump Up The Valuum only)
Dead Kennedys
FEAR
The Germs
The Dickies
Circle Jerks
Agnostic Front
7 Seconds
Operation Ivy
Rancid
The Casualties
The Abuse
Chaotic Alliance
Strike Anywhere
Descendents
New Mexican Disaster Squad
The Oi! Scouts
The Profit$
Toxic Narcotic
A Global Threat
The Unseen
The Ramones (One of the founders of the genre)
Youth Brigade
Gorilla Biscuits
The Misfits (w/Danzig only)
T.S.O.L.

All those bands are great. Both American and UK punk are equally as good, in my humble opinion.

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:40 pm

the exploited are a british band from scotland
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:21 am

I love the song Institutionalised by Suicidal Tendancies.

Creep

Post Post subject:
Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:47 pm

fuck off you prick

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:35 am

johny wrote:

I fucking hate the sound of Green Day, its like pop music, one notch up from boy band Mcfly, i think those newer successful American bands have fucked hardcore punk over by taking the sound, watering it down, and making a nice safe commercial sounding pop rebellion package for the kids to buy, also making themselves millionaires in the process, stadium rock wankers.

Ten million people bought Green Day's breakthrough album "Dookie". Many of them would have had no previous experience of the punk scene and some of them would no doubt be prompted to invesitgate further. I think a lot of punk bands will have benefitted indirectly from the success of bands like Green Day and Offspring, although perhaps not the Exploited as they reside towards the more extreme end of the scale.

But didn't Green Day spend years trekking round the club circuit, playing all the toilets before anyone had ever heard of them? It's not like they were manufactured out of nowhere.

For what it's worth, I really like their pop/punk mix. I regard them as a sort of 20th century Buzzcocks, in music terms at least (they don't come close to Pete Shelley's wryly observational lyrics).
miss_Anger
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:05 pm

i agree completely with never_sell_out
there are good american bands but it's hard to find one fucking great from the beginnig to the end...the majority of them become sold and fuck off their music soon...shit...
wspunk
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri May 25, 2007 1:00 pm

america sucks over all, obviously, but the bands are the same as other countries... there are good ones, but there is shit to.
Thimmah!
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri May 25, 2007 2:45 pm

AAH it sucks that many punks are only bickering amongst themselves and think they can decide wats punk and wats not... Come on people, grow up and stop fighting amongst yourselves and fight vs nazis
Darby_Crash
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:50 pm

I've always liked American Punk more than european punk. The 1968 Velvet Underground all the way back to their "White light/White heat" Vinyl to the (GI) LP to the TSOL Selft Titled 7" make me feel fuzzy inside.

European punk, UK in particular to me always seemed to be about dying hair, wearing leather, and having an image. And all that anarchy talk, This reminds me of an Alice Bag song called "We don't need the english" where her band says that all the british do is dye their hair and sing "stupid" songs about anarchy.....ah the 70s hollywood punk scene, too bad that's dead now.
Hardcoreargh
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:16 pm

anti-flag
the unseen
rancid
aus-rotten
behind enemy lines
all systems fail <--- i'm not sure if they're from america

hmm if a band "true" or not is a matter of opinion.
i don't care if they're making good music
Charlotta
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:24 am

This is just Californian Punk. It's something different than British Punk. I think there is nothing bad in it if band's ideas agree punk ideas.

The Drummer

Post Post subject:
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:14 am

Darby_Crash wrote:
I've always liked American Punk more than european punk. The 1968 Velvet Underground all the way back to their "White light/White heat" Vinyl to the (GI) LP to the TSOL Selft Titled 7" make me feel fuzzy inside.

European punk, UK in particular to me always seemed to be about dying hair, wearing leather, and having an image. And all that anarchy talk, This reminds me of an Alice Bag song called "We don't need the english" where her band says that all the british do is dye their hair and sing "stupid" songs about anarchy.....ah the 70s hollywood punk scene, too bad that's dead now.

darby old bean you always amaze me by your standard of being so totaly wank.keep up the good work old bean
> Twisted Evil

The Drummer

Post Post subject:
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:17 am

But didn't Green Day spend years trekking round the club circuit, playing all the toilets before anyone had ever heard of them? It's not like they were manufactured out of nowhere.

sadly the keyword in your statement is "manufactured" Twisted Evil
punk is also about attitude and im sure eminem played a few toilets. but playing tiny gigs dont make you punk.and being marketed in a band as you would coke or pepsi doesnt really cut it for me personally

Punk

Post Post subject:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:53 am

There are some realy great bands in the early 80's scene.

Black flag (damage)
Bad brains
Minor threat
Dead kennedys
D.O.A.
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:11 am

Darby_Crash wrote:

Rolling Eyes ........
Darby_Crash
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Octo-Punk wrote:

Black flag (damage)
Bad brains
Minor threat
Dead kennedys
D.O.A.

American Hardcore was the second best thing next to the traditional 70s Punk. Damn, the circle jerks and black flag inspired many great bands like JFA, MDC, DOA (which by the way was playing hardcore since '78 with Disco Sucks 7"). So much great music from there, American Hardcore is a milestone documentry.

Sorry Octo-punk the Weirdos style era and negative trend style era is dead, hell i still wear my germs armband to school.

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:26 pm

... I still listen to old FYP as well... oh shit, I also like some canadian punk band as well as FRENCH AND GERMAN PUNK BANDS OH DAMN I MUST BE A STUPID c*nt!
I mean, I never really thought about punk music being 'american' or 'brit' or 'german' or... I don't give a fuck as long as the music is good... in my opinion obviously.
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:52 am

Darby_Crash wrote:
Octo-Punk wrote:

Black flag (damage)
Bad brains
Minor threat
Dead kennedys
D.O.A.

American Hardcore was the second best thing next to the traditional 70s Punk. Damn, the circle jerks and black flag inspired many great bands like JFA, MDC, DOA (which by the way was playing hardcore since '78 with Disco Sucks 7"). So much great music from there, American Hardcore is a milestone documentry.

Sorry Octo-punk the Weirdos style era and negative trend style era is dead, hell i still wear my germs armband to school.

Its a taste thing Wink

Good music is good music. Mostly i listen to the Uk82 bands (seccond wave)
But that doesnt change my like of some awesome US bands Cool
unitedpunkrock
Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Post Post subject:
Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:44 pm

i think it is the same in america as in europe or anywhere else in there world, you have really good bands but also the opposite.

i really like the Casualties, the come to belgium in august, but sadly i can't see them.

after the exploited, anti-flag is porbably my favourite band. but i like their old songs more cause it is more punk. nowadays it is becoming more poppunk. but i still like their lyrics, still agree with what they stand for.

Green Day used to play some nice old-skool punk-rock music, like their cd 'Dookie'. but now it is just another pop-rock band that playing concerts for more than 50 000 people where there is a gap between them and the crowed of what, 30 meters? when you're standing on the fifth line you have to watch the big screens because you can't see them, cause they are so tiny. it is no fun to go to that show i think.

oi
SiD82
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:53 pm

unitedpunkrock wrote:

Green Day used to play some nice old-skool punk-rock music, like their cd 'Dookie'. but now it is just another pop-rock band that playing concerts for more than 50 000 people where there is a gap between them and the crowed of what, 30 meters? when you're standing on the fifth line you have to watch the big screens because you can't see them, cause they are so tiny. it is no fun to go to that show i think.

ahh...I HATE THEM...they have stupid songs...and theyre stupid live...theyre just STUPID!...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah......

ah come on...cut the crap...

but I must agree with this..

Why can't you just admit it, you've had it, you're sick of me
You're fed up with all my bad habits, you're sick of me
To your lies you've become so desensitized sick of me
Lost regrets and you say that your mad at me sick of me

HELL YEAH..IM _SICK_OF_YOU_

..all they want is money,money,money...!!!

UK82

=If you think that spam is not the answer,then U better ban my account= Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: