the-exploited.net Forum Index

++ HOME ++ ++ HISTORY ++ ++ PICTURES ++ ++ STUFF ++ ++ DATES ++ ++ FORUM ++ ++ SHOP ++ ++ BOOKING ++

++ The Exploited Punk Rock Forums ++

Profile   Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

what do people think of american punk bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of american punk bands?
there fuking great
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
there a big load of bolllocks
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 57

freakysuus
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:32 pm
Reply with quote Reply to topic

there are good american punk bands, but there's shit too.

if you watch te dvd British invasion 2k4, there are 2 dvd's inside the box
1 with onl british bands and one with american bands

but teh british bands are just more punk

Creep

Post Post subject:
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:27 am

Well, punk was born in America=)
freakysuus
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:12 pm

fuck off

The first punk was in england. but there it was a hype
then in america grew something bigger, but it didn't start in america, in england were the first ones

Creep

Post Post subject:
Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:31 pm

well punk started in the states didnt it? and it has some of the best bands to this day...

Creep

Post Post subject:
Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:35 pm

freakysuus wrote:
fuck off

then in america grew something bigger, but it didn't start in america, in england were the first ones

hey i would read some history of punk if i were you, it all started in america, even as far back as the 60s there were punk bands,

now im not talking about the damned or the pistols, they were the first british bands to break it into mainstream.

iggy and the stooges were going from the 60s, one of the first ever punks was an american guy called lou reed...

so dont believe people when they say malcom maclaren invented it, they only thing he did was make a lot of money from it.

it all started in the states, way before the damned and the pistols were even in theyre nappies.

Punk

Post Post subject:
Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Very Happy Who cares, Pistols and The Exploited is surely better punk!

Next gig is in Berlin, Germany
Pirate Cove, January 12th
BLEEDING_SMILE
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:04 pm

its all a matter of opinion isnt it? different horses for different courses...

i like to see lots of different kinds of punk that there is today, theres only so many times you can shout oi oi oi ya know, its good to get into some different bands to and some american bands are great.

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:40 am

Why the fuck would you say that greenday and the offspring are fucking punk if you include them as punk then you don't deserve to even be talking about punk none the less call yourself one also who the fuck gives a shit sure the ramones came up with punk before the sex pistols but it's fucking music its here and its now so don't ever include so called pop punk bands inside punk because that is FUCKING EMO NOT FUCKING PUNK THATS A FUCKING CONTRADICTION OF WHAT PUNK IS pop punk my ass greenday my ass and even though i like one of the offsprings cds the offspring my ass and you can follow the rest if you keep mentioning bands like those next thing its fucking fall out boy and my chemical romance well fuck that to also the casualties have sold out musicaly way more then the unseen have so far so don't fucking include them in your fucking list
directed to chaose punx
jackass
it seems to me you fit the category of posing like a punk pretty damn well

Creep

Post Post subject:
Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:59 pm

BLEEDING_SMILE wrote:

hey i would read some history of punk if i were you, it all started in america, even as far back as the 60s there were punk bands,

now im not talking about the damned or the pistols, they were the first british bands to break it into mainstream.

iggy and the stooges were going from the 60s, one of the first ever punks was an american guy called lou reed...

so dont believe people when they say malcom maclaren invented it, they only thing he did was make a lot of money from it.

it all started in the states, way before the damned and the pistols were even in theyre nappies.

I gues you should read some history dude
When iggy was famous they didn't even know the word 'punk'. when malcolm said the pistols where punk, came different bands telling everyone they where punk. i mean look at the ramones, as soon as the word punk did excist, they started wearing leather jackets and so on

It's just crap.
i mean listen too iggy pop and listen to some real punk. you can't call iggy punk you shitass Toilet monster

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Iggy & The Stooges were a band that made music similar to punk, before punk started, and first british punk bands were clearly influenced by them.

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:25 pm

There's been loads of great great American Punk bands, like for me MDC, early Black Flag (the Damaged LP), although I think Rollins is and total utter prick. DK's, Circle Jerks, Social Distortion, Late 80's bands Christ on Parade, The Bhopal Stiffs, there's too many to mention.

Not a fan of the American straight edge hardcore.

I fucking hate the sound of Green Day, its like pop music, one notch up from boy band Mcfly, i think those newer successful American bands have fucked hardcore punk over by taking the sound, watering it down, and making a nice safe commercial sounding pop rebellion package for the kids to buy, also making themselves millionaires in the process, stadium rock wankers.

Id like to know are there any newish American bands out there that are up and coming and good? anyone?
BLEEDING_SMILE
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:28 pm

ChAoSPuNkS wrote:
gay... you are an idiot or what ?
Rancid play only for cash
tim armstrong suck and lars fredericksen too
rancid-transplant-operation ivy-lars fredericksen and the bastards
and im from montréal canada and rancid in august play 4 show
26-27-28-29 on spectrum to montreal the cost of ticket is 30 $$ can
15 gbp for see only rancid

fuck off i have a lot of proofs
rancid play on playstation game.....commercial tv shampoo....
rancid it a fucking sell out bands
you are a idiot because i have never buy lp cd t-shirt or wathever about rancid and i know it is a fucking shit Guy with axe

Rancid are one of the best "punk" bands ever.....and they dont just do it for cash....their music is amazing and they have been around a hell of a long time to see many bands come and go and many fashions and fazes come and go too..

if they were in it only for cash im sure there would be a lot of things they could do to make lots of money but wont...they are a true punk band through and through....ok i eccept you dont like them...but the other stuff you say about them is complete bullshit..

some people slag the exploied off...for going on top of the sad pops...but i dont...everyone is different and has an opinion...

i know rancid are an amazing punk band....tim armstrong is a living legend...operation ivy..rancid and the transplants...all works of tim armstrong...he is a genius....

and tim armstrong could easily "do it for cash" as you say...but they dont...timarmstrong has started his own record label.."hellcat records" they have signed over 100 punk bands the world over and even signed joe strummer before he died...the reason tim does all this is because he wnts to put back what he got from punk...maybe youd rather he went off to some desert island and spent all his money and didnt care about the punx? come on lets face it...you dont know what the hell you are talking about...you dont like rancid and your just trying to slag them off...get a life...what the hell have you done for punk? when you want to tell us all what that is...think about what rancid and tim armstrong has done for punk...then come back.

tim could easily go lie on some beach somewhere...but he doesnt...he works tirelessly for the punk scene and anyone who knows anything about punk or about rancid will tell you that tim armstrong is a living legend and a man who kept punk alive through some of its darkesnt days.

and by the way...what song of rancid was on ..a comercial? anyone who knows anything about music will tell you that...there was no "rancid" song on any tv comercial....and no rancid ticket has ever been $30 because they never sell tickets above what they have to...any rancid fan will tell you that....

get you facts right before you try to talk shit about someone....

viva la punk..viva la rancid

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:36 pm

BLEEDING_SMILE wrote:

When iggy was famous they didn't even know the word 'punk'.

Oh yeah? And what about the New York's early 70's "Punk" fanzine?
Chaos77
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:20 am

BLEEDING_SMILE shut up
RANCID IS FUCKING SELL OUT FULL OF SHIT
Punk-o-rama = suck-o-rama
rancid are a shit head and you too

rancid is not punk rancid is rock sell out
fuck you rancid Gives thy a finger
BLEEDING_SMILE
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:44 pm

yea punk started in the states...late 60s and early 70s there was bands calling themselves punk....

Creep

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:49 pm

Sizentai wrote:
BLEEDING_SMILE wrote:

When iggy was famous they didn't even know the word 'punk'.

Oh yeah? And what about the New York's early 70's "Punk" fanzine?

i didnt write that lol i know that there was punk in the late 60s and early 70s in the states before it cought on in england.

Punkrocker

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:08 pm

freakysuus wrote:
fuck off

The Ramones, The Stooges and The New York Dolls inspired Malcolm McLaren to start the Sex Pistols...

Punkrocker

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Punk=life wrote:
even though i like one of the offsprings cds the offspring my ass

I agree. 'Smash' and 'Ignition' are good albums, and that is what really got me into punk in the first place.

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:20 pm

The Pistols were started long before any of them ever met Malcom McLaren.He took them under his wing but he had no influence or say in their music or sound. he may have urged them to look at the scene in the States but the band each had their own influences, mainly British.
Punk=life
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:21 am

would everbody stop saying greenday is punk yea they took the basic sound of punk and used it to market to rich little suburban boys and girls who dont get along with there parents, dumbasses dont know that is just being a teenager, but if your going to insault a band then insault screeching weasel, even though I love there early stuff, who is still punk and all that started in chicago never sold out to my knowledge but later on they had bassist mike dirnst recognize the name that is the bassist for greenday he is the one who rented an apartment from billy joe's parents and who taught rich brat Billy Joe armstrong punk but rich people dont understand the music and that is why bands sell out after they have an awesome album and that is why your so called pop punk music is just pop rock no punk STOP FUCKING SAYING IT also it is a known fact that the ramones, before the sex pistols started there first tour, had a single or album, before the dammed before the clash, and iggy and mc5 and the velvet underground were only looked as punk laiter on by idiots like us, were the first band to use the term punkrocker or punk as a label for music and a type of people so that pretty much shoes that they were the first
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: