the-exploited.net Forum Index

++ HOME ++ ++ HISTORY ++ ++ PICTURES ++ ++ STUFF ++ ++ DATES ++ ++ FORUM ++ ++ SHOP ++ ++ BOOKING ++

++ The Exploited Punk Rock Forums ++

Profile   Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

what do people think of american punk bands?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what do you think of american punk bands?
there fuking great
56%
 56%  [ 32 ]
there a big load of bolllocks
43%
 43%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 57

unitedpunkrock
Punkrocker

Punkrocker

Post Post subject:
Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:11 pm
Reply with quote Reply to topic

read again what have written!!!
i said that i liked their old songs, the ones on the cd Dookie for example, and that i didn't like theire new songs, they're just another pop-rock band now. seriously, i hate those songs also, but check out their old songs, you probably wont like them either but you'll have to admit that these are better then greenday of today.

oi

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:37 pm

unitedpunkrock wrote:
read again what have written!!!
i said that i liked their old songs, the ones on the cd Dookie for example, and that i didn't like theire new songs, they're just another pop-rock band now. seriously, i hate those songs also, but check out their old songs, you probably wont like them either but you'll have to admit that these are better then greenday of today.

oi

its ok what you said..yeah...The Casualties are very good....I just wanted to tell about how much I hate that stupid guys...when they realised there is no money in punk they stopped to be punks...hm..like they have ever been real punks.... Rolling Eyes

=If you think that spam is not the answer,then U better ban my account= Razz
glen
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 pm

the offsprings 1994 "smash" album is the highest selling independant album of all time. and its a good album not a poor song on it in my opinion. but i do hate all their new shite.
psycho
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:10 pm

unitedpunkrock wrote:
i said that i liked their old songs, the ones on the cd Dookie for example, and that i didn't like theire new songs, they're just another pop-rock band now.

glen wrote:
the offsprings 1994 "smash" album is the highest selling independant album of all time. and its a good album not a poor song on it in my opinion. but i do hate all their new shite.

Funny to read all that... because at that exact same time, I thought media took the punk scene to make an amusement park for kids, it was in my opinion mainly pop-rock band back then and are still today; Not sayin' that they are talentless here, just that... It was the summum of the *cough* punk trend *cough* Rolling Eyes
SmashItUp
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:02 pm

As far as this history of where punk was invented, its not like its trying to figure wot killed the dinosaurs. Look at some fucking albums! The Ramones first album invented punk. The guitars were thrashy, fast, and loud as fuck, especially for then. It came out in 1976 (the band existed since '74). Look at the cover. Their all wearing their leathers (for the bloke who said that was a reaction to UK punk). They were influenced that way by the Stooges and US rockabillies. They had a fuckin' song called "Judy is a PUNK" on that record. The Pistols and Damned put out their first SINGLES later that year, the Ramones had already gotten their shit together for a full record, UK tour, wearing leather, with songs about punks. The Buzzcocks put out an ep in late '76. Sid, and people in the Damned, etc, started wearin' black leather b/c of the Ramones and Johnny Thunders (another early US punk). Ask any '77 band what influenced them, and they'll say the Ramones. UK started with more the fashion end of shit, and with Malcolm's staged outrage, what got punk all the press. The music comes from the US. The Exploited at least are authentic in being outragous, and don't need no fuckin' clothing designers like Viv Westwood. Truth is tho, the music wouldn't be around w/o the States. Just like Rock n' Roll before that.
Another thing. Even tho punk fashion is UK, in truth, Richard Hell and Television was doing their spikey hair, ripped clothes, and safety pins in C.B.G.B. back in '75, and Malcolm admits he took notice.
SmashItUp
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 am

By the way the Misfits were a great US band. Misfits, Ramones, Social Distortion, and Stooges (almost punk), are the best US bands. Plasmatics too...
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Wendy O williams the female Wattie Razz
SmashItUp
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:32 pm

Octo-Punk wrote:
Wendy O williams the female Wattie Razz

Yeh, I can see that. R.I.P.
Darby_Crash
Creep

Creep

Post Post subject:
Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Is anyone into Jerry's Kids, from that "This is Boston, Not LA" Comp?

Punk

Post Post subject:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 am

Early Agnostic front (83-86)
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:18 am

TSOL
Misfits
Suicidal tendencies (first album)
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:19 am

Octo-Punk wrote:
There are some realy great bands in the early 80's scene.

Black flag (damage)
Bad brains
Minor threat
Dead kennedys
D.O.A.

Also i would like to add:

Circle jerks
Adolescents
psycho
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Worship F.Y.P. Todd changed my perception of what talent means. He's my hero.
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 am

SmashItUp wrote:
As far as this history of where punk was invented, its not like its trying to figure wot killed the dinosaurs. Look at some fucking albums! The Ramones first album invented punk. The guitars were thrashy, fast, and loud as fuck, especially for then. It came out in 1976 (the band existed since '74). Look at the cover. Their all wearing their leathers (for the bloke who said that was a reaction to UK punk). They were influenced that way by the Stooges and US rockabillies. They had a fuckin' song called "Judy is a PUNK" on that record. The Pistols and Damned put out their first SINGLES later that year, the Ramones had already gotten their shit together for a full record, UK tour, wearing leather, with songs about punks. The Buzzcocks put out an ep in late '76. Sid, and people in the Damned, etc, started wearin' black leather b/c of the Ramones and Johnny Thunders (another early US punk). Ask any '77 band what influenced them, and they'll say the Ramones. UK started with more the fashion end of shit, and with Malcolm's staged outrage, what got punk all the press. The music comes from the US. The Exploited at least are authentic in being outragous, and don't need no fuckin' clothing designers like Viv Westwood. Truth is tho, the music wouldn't be around w/o the States. Just like Rock n' Roll before that.
Another thing. Even tho punk fashion is UK, in truth, Richard Hell and Television was doing their spikey hair, ripped clothes, and safety pins in C.B.G.B. back in '75, and Malcolm admits he took notice.

Blablablabla who cares?!?!
psycho
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:50 pm

Octo-Punk wrote:
SmashItUp wrote:
As far as this shitory of (.... saving internet space), .

Blablablabla who cares?!?!

Yes?!?!

Tss, the guy made a complet research on the subject in order to have argues for when he's tryin' to convince himself... Rolling Eyes

... BECAUSE YOU KNOW RAMONES WROTE JUDY IS A PUNK BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE?!! (fuckin' ice capades rules man... let's join Shocked )
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:04 pm

You know that Clint Eastwood invented Punk in the Dirty Harry movie in 1971 Very Happy

Well! do you? Punk!
psycho
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:08 pm

LMAO!!! In fact, you are WRONG, IT IS NOT CLINT EASTWOOD WHO INVENTED IT!!! A punk was, back in the 50's, a prisonner's erm.. 'masculine chick' awaiting for him to get out. Mwuahahahahahah!
Octo-Punk
Punk

Punk

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Cool! Cool
SiD82
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Octo-Punk wrote:
You know that Clint Eastwood invented Punk in the Dirty Harry movie in 1971 Very Happy

Well! do you? Punk!

in that movie word punk has nothing to do with this punk we are loving.. Very Happy

=If you think that spam is not the answer,then U better ban my account= Razz
TtPtC
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject:
Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:39 pm

Coming from America, I'm naturally going to have some favoritism.

I do like Black Flag and Minor Threat (especially the later). I also like the Dead Kennedys; they have some songs which I hold up as anthems, particularly MTV Get Off the Air. I could go on and on.

I cannot stand crust punk, which consists of 99% of my local area (I've yet to find even a moderately strong Oi!/Streetpunk community).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: