the-exploited.net Forum Index

++ HOME ++ ++ HISTORY ++ ++ PICTURES ++ ++ STUFF ++ ++ DATES ++ ++ FORUM ++ ++ SHOP ++ ++ BOOKING ++

++ The Exploited Punk Rock Forums ++

Profile   Register   FAQ   Search  Log in

Johnny Rotten comments on The Exploited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index -> Barmy Army Banter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastRocker
Pogo

Pogo

Post Post subject: Johnny Rotten comments on The Exploited.
Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:42 am
Reply with quote Reply to topic

So recently i've become somewhat interested in this interviewer from Vancover, Canada named Nardwuar. He's kind of weird and eccentric and may bother some people but i find his interviews unique and that they will frequently bring out the actual people behind the music, be it good or bad. Many of his earlier interviews were with the punk scene, including henry rollins, jello biafra,...etc etc. now he seems to be branching out a bit. you can see his videos on youtube.

Anyway, i found this interview with Johnny Rotten somehow and found him to comment on the exploited- quite favorably as well, which admitingly i was surprised to see. i thought some might be interested to read this - and maybe the band too if they haven't yet. There is a somewhat recent picture of the band in the article as well.

quote:
John, how about The Exploited and Crass? You've expressed an interest in liking those bands. Have you seen The Exploited? They're still on the circuit out there, playing.
Oh, they are what they are. They stick to their guns. It's a limited range, but that's fine for them. They do what they enjoy and they do it really well, so more power to them. People who do this because they like what they're doing are the people that interest me.

and here's the link to the full article as well. hope you enjoy!:
http://www.chartattack.com/features/81163/nardwuar-vs-john-lydon

upon re-reading the article in full, i've also noticed he speaks poorly of Jello. i thought the coincidence was funny and also worth mentioning. well worth the read in my opinion.
psycho
Barmy Soldier

Barmy Soldier

Post Post subject:
Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 pm
Reply with quote Reply to topic

Nardwuar giving a PIL shirt to simple plan... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    the-exploited.net Forum Index All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: